March 2, 2011

Going In

Okay, so here I go again, walking into who knows what.
A 4-day multimedia workshop at Duke with some superstars in the burgeoning field of storytelling. Long ago I learned radio, much later I learned photography, and, in between, I got an MFA in fiction. Storytelling in various ways appeals to me. I like knowing a few languages. But doing it all together, now that feels a little Cirque du Soleil, a wee too clever pour moi.

Whatever. I'm signed up. And, truthfully, I like scaring the shit out of myself. It helps me get things done.

This image was taken last weekend during a snowy fun visit in Cambridge, Mass. This is a classic New England Congregational Church. The door handle posted last time appeared during Saturday's exploration around Lesley College's Episcopal Divinity School. That door handle hit me like love, plain and simple, but I didn't have a camera, so I went back Sunday morning and brought a little piece of it back home. You could say I went to church on Sunday!

As a girl, I attended a small Episcopal church that had similar ironwork and wood. I never took to religion, but being in that space felt pleasing and provided a sense of beauty and calm.



No comments:

Post a Comment