March 7, 2011

Still Floating

Still afloat since taking the multimedia workshop that blasted open my sense of what's possible.

The workshop, put on by Big Shed at Duke's Center for Documentary Studies, was fast-paced and fabulous. A room full of bright creative people filled with enthusiasm and a love for this world we're sharing.

Of course, there's nothing new about the fact that the technical demands freaked me out a little. But what really broke me down and got me crying came late in the day when running into our impossible goalposts for completing the assignment. Reminded me of CNN days when I'd collapse with nerves. I hadn't cried in front of a stranger in a very long time. (Sorry about that Shea.)

Funny thing was my husband reminded me that during every workshop, at some point, I cry. Talk about feeling better and worse at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment