July 26, 2011

Two for Tuesday

Here's a favorite twosome - Lindsay and me. She's the one with her foot in the air. I'm the elbow shaped like a V.

When we met, Lindsay was new to modeling and I was new to working with models. We enjoyed experimenting, ran through ideas like unconcerned children at play, and improved along the way. Our failures were instructive and many, and our successes brought a savory satisfaction. We collaborated for over two years.

I posted this image now because this week the Lindsay-Diana vibe fired up in undeniable ways. I'd just written a grant envisioning a month long photo shoot for my series and the whole time, I'm seeing Lindsay as the model. And, then, guess what shows up? A letter from Lindsay. An honest to God, use a stamp letter.

Okay, no more about all that. Don't want to jinx the juju.

This portrait came after we made a very excellent piece of theatre together, one entitled, There Are Limits. We brought a chair (located at the far left of frame) and waited. First we waited for the six o'clock shadows to come lay down and then we waited for the winds to blow.



No comments:

Post a Comment