June 5, 2012

Two for Tuesday: Taking Off


This twosome is an aspirational moment that lifts me beyond the bounds of my routinized thinking.

Why not  unlace the sneakers and head down the trail? Who says you need protection to be safe? When did it become a rule to keep everything grounded and covered up?

What attracts me most about this pair of leaping feet is that it suggests a lift off that may never end. Perhaps this is the beginning of a journey touched by magic.

It makes me think of something my hero Joseph Campbell once said: "We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about."

2 comments:

  1. I love this. The path less traveled should always be taken barefoot.

    ReplyDelete