June 29, 2012

Noir Time


It's been a busy time and I missed a Tuesday and the garden is overflowing with weeds and a nasty varmint who ate my stunning sunflower that was right out of Jack and the Beanstalk. Oh well. There is this light and this shadow. There is always the basic writing with light photography that remains a constant.

I like the noir quality zigzagging the hallway. It reminds me of the scariest damn movie I watched this week, which was a mixed and harrowing affair.  Before the Devil Knows You're Dead  is a knockout film - Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney, a freaky drug dealer in a kimono - but, man, it's so frightening. I could barely fall asleep afterward and then dreamed about bombs exploding, which is not my typical nightmare drama - those usually involve cars and no keys and sand. Lots of sand.




1 comment:

  1. Love this, and our day of exploring was delightful!

    ReplyDelete