January 24, 2012

Two for Tuesday: Warming Up


It's been raining and January raw outside and this twosome of warming sneakers seems well suited for the week we've just had in North Carolina.

I found this twosome leaning up against the radiator one day in Amsterdam, huddled and touching at the tip. I felt instantly struck by the composition with its lovely geometry, painterly and pure. The patterning on the rubber soles only added to the shapeliness of line. I also love how large these sneakers are. Massive really- size 12, 13 maybe. The shoes belonged to some man walking around in socks who has some seriously big feet.

Closer to home, I live in a house with old-time radiators and love warming up my undies and socks in the morning as I shower and get ready for the day. Warmed up clothes feel delicious. Warm shoes, though, what a super yummy idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment