February 13, 2012

The Still Flowers


These are the flowers my husband Mark gave me on stage last Thursday night. That was a cool moment which, until then, I'd only seen as a spectator.

Now the flowers are sitting on my bedroom dresser. They look strong and crisp and settled. They stand formal and fine as a Victorian still life, completely changed by the setting and time.

Thursday night's technostory whoosh felt like a force. I mean, all that work done and delivered, the finish line crossed. Oh my.

This first performance thing is a serious rush. It's what sent me out walking for two miles at one in the morning, an hour after the after party ended. The moon was full. I simply could not sit still. The bogeyman be damned, I headed out like a woman in a hurry to get somewhere.

Honestly, right now, I'm a little dazed - like...where was I, what was that, was that fo' real?

A sweet, yet slightly disquieting disorientation has set in.


No comments:

Post a Comment