April 17, 2012

Two for Tuesday: The Look


Spring walked down Fourth Street this month. Fresh, warm, lovely, and green.

Behold this twosome who made me jump up from my cafe seat to get a closer look. I couldn't help but notice their style, their connection, their olive outfits that seemed picked with a performance in mind. The pair, Denisha and Durell, both students at WSSU, were downtown for a conference about using Hip Hop as a teaching tool.

The initial shots we made were posed look at the camera first drafts. Unavoidable, reflexive stuff. Then, thank goodness, I realized I'd left my card back at the table, so quickly ran to grab one while they waited on the street corner.

As I returned, there the beautiful couple stood, embracing as the twilight sun fell over them. Look at the light on Denisha's arm, on Durell's profile. Notice the shine of her gold bracelet and the gold on his LA sunglasses. See how her long hair curls down toward his embracing hand. Really all that was missing was the soundtrack.

I like what Pablo Neruda said about spring -- "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."



No comments:

Post a Comment