August 28, 2012

Two for Tuesdays: For Whom the School Bells Toll


School started yesterday in my small city and a certain buzz seemed detectable. Summer officially ended and fresh starts and new notebooks became the order of the day. I got stuck behind a gaggle of yellow school buses on Northwest Blvd and enjoyed hearing the familiar grinding gears and squealing brakes.

They reminded me of this strong twosome I spotted one school day morning last spring. I saw the mother and daughter pair in a San Francisco neighborhood as they began what looked to be a well-rehearsed routine, the exit from home.

Helmets on, bags stored on the motorcycle's back, they approached a very steep hill, hanging on and looking forward. There's an alertness and anticipation to their going, and I like that most of all. Plus, how cool is it that the mom drives a motorcycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment