November 27, 2012

Two for Tuesday: The Opposite of Pro Football

Action shots aren't my forte but they are exciting. Feet in mid air. Time snapped into a fraction of a second. Motion stopped cold in its tracks.

This week's twosome features my near and dear, my daughter and son. I took this shot during our traditional Thanksgiving football game, which is loose and messy and full of ridiculous plays like whatever this one is.

I mean, seriously, can you figure out what these two are up to because I can't, and I was there. Marissa is reaching for an unretrievable ball with one hand while Tyler's spinning out in some elevated contortion that leaves me scratching my head, confused about what exactly he's reacting to here. (Footnote: the sunlight on his hair is pretty wonderful, though not a part of most sports commentary, I realize.)

Anyway, at one point during the game, I took a pretty good tumble when I ingloriously tripped over my own two feet. I went splat into the dirt, wrecked my jeans and ended up with a skinned elbow that brought me back to childhood and made me oddly proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment