December 4, 2012

Two for Tuesday: A Long Ride

Teaching at Middle Fork Elementary School started off well this week when, on Monday morning, I pulled into the parking lot and spotted this twosome behind the wheel of the car beside mine. I thought I was feeling a little tired until I saw the black circles around their eyes. It was a kind of Tim Burton moment - the intervention of the weird into the mundane.

The Panda pair sort of creeped me out, especially the penetrating gaze coming from the lady in the passenger seat. I walked passed them, staring, thinking of who would decorate their car this way. Then I decided to go back to my car, grab my camera, and take a quick photo of the haunting couple. I wanted proof to go with my story.

Anyway, as I look at this couple now, they make me laugh, thinking this could be me and my husband at the tail end of a very long ride home from an exhausting trip to the relatives; each of us in our own world, not a word left to say.




No comments:

Post a Comment