March 16, 2012

Meeting the Bishop


Last weekend I went to pick up a friend and met this fellow here. His name's Jasper V, the bishop, and he arrived from New Mexico in order to visit his son. We talked a little about this and that, Sante Fe and Willa Cather, modern dance. Then I pulled out my camera and continued the conversation. 

This image came at the end. I asked the bishop with the black felt hat to please turn, profile style. I just really wanted to see all those lines pulling on the shape. And I wanted to line up the colors sideways. 

Anyway, it was cool fun making photographs of someone who jumped right in, grabbing hats and calling out roles to play - bishop, for example.

I'd met him exactly fifteen minutes before the collaboration and scene-making began. Here's one from when Jasper faux boxed with his son Micah. 


Thanks for inviting me in. Loved every minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment