May 1, 2012

Two for Tuesday: Doubled Up


Last month I went to the beautiful Red Rocks amphitheater in Denver and became mesmerized by this woman and man sitting side by side. I just loved her sweaty shirt, the way she rested her arm on her husband's back, their general comfort and closeness. Their color combo also drew me in.

The funny thing about photographing this twosome was I kept hoping to get everyone else out of the frame. The amphitheater is a busy place with lots of people roaming and running, exercising up and down those seemingly endless set of stairs. Finally I gave up. I just took the shot, deciding to keep in the two little people sitting in the front row.

I'd realized that the twosome at the bottom were their children, but I hadn't appreciated how perfectly they mimicked their parents. Boy/ girl, pink shirt/striped shirt.

I wondered about this shot since it looks so geometric you'd think I planned it. Did my eye see it but my conscious mind didn't? Whatever the answer, I am grateful for the image, and grateful for my lovely friend Lindsay, who brought me to this wondrous place.

No comments:

Post a Comment