July 18, 2012

Two for Tuesday: Mischief Making


It's hard to resist saying double trouble when remembering this twosome floating on the ocean's shore together. They captivated me last summer as I sat on my beach chair, pretending to read.

I loved the boys with the 1950s crewcuts and meaty shoulders. They reminded me of my brother when he was young. Together they splashed and hit each other and wrestled and created antics proving that play is indeed where all creativity resides.

The twins' parents, however, had had enough. The reprimands came one after the other, muted by the ocean winds and ignored by the pugnacious boys with a hundred games up their sleeves.

Ultimately, the boy with the look of surprise - mouth in uh-oh mode, eyes fixed on the authorities - was grabbed by the arm, pulled from the water, and made to sit beside his irritated mom.

A duo separated is like a piano in an empty room.

No comments:

Post a Comment