October 17, 2011

Strange But Familiar

Here's a cast off image from an interesting experience at a country club. That may sound like an oxymoron, an improbability, but let's keep our minds opened, shall we? 

Confession: I grew up belonging to two country clubs. It's not something I discuss or really think about much anymore. My parents joined a club for golf, which was essentially their club, and another club with tennis and salt water swimming where we the kids ran feral and free.

No wonder summer was my favorite season.  I had a place to play without parents and fake paper money to order up food and drinks. Standing on the wet and sandy concrete floor by the snack bar feels as immediate as typing on this keyboard today.

Back to the image, though. This is from the dress story entitled My Father's 150th Birthday, which takes place at a country club. The figure off in the distance describes how strange but familiar a country club felt.

Thanks to the kind staff at O.T. C.C. for opening their doors to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment