November 27, 2011

Behind the Curtain, Part Two

Another version of the curtain shot. There's something Shakespearean in this three part play that moves left to right, from beginning to middle to end.

In the story about my maternity dress, I conclude rather sweetly after an otherwise bawdy, unsentimental remembrance of pregnancy and one Out of Africa regrettable linen smock. The words came as a surprise when I wrote them, but they seemed exactly right when I read them.

My current body is no longer that body, but the dress contains the shape of my life's most surprising and satisfying creations. My children. This pleated maternity dress is a curtain that opened the stage to my blessings, my daughter and my son.





4 comments:

  1. you continue to show just how insightful you are about life's most interesting moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one; want to see the other photos.

    ReplyDelete