November 15, 2011

Two for Tuesday: Sharing the Road

On this balmy, weirdly, delightfully warm Tuesday in November, I took a long walk with a friend I hadn't seen in quite a while. We caught up, exercised, and took a short detour to stand under the Ginko tree on Runnymeade Road, which exploded with yellow leaves about three days ago. When you look up at that masterpiece of a tree, you see its intricate geometry, the patterning of its branches. It's a little Asian art in North Carolina.

But what am I going on about that for? It's Two for Tuesday. 

I suppose it was walking with a friend that made me select this image today. I spotted these boys, about fifteen or sixteen years old, as they strolled at a leisurely pace at a national park this summer, not a car in sight.  I walked a few paces behind.

My guess -- this twosome was probably unaware that they are wearing a uniform of friendship -- red tee shirt, black athletic shorts, flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment