November 3, 2011

Plus/Minus


The plus is that I met and married Mark, a man I loved then and love even more richly and completely today.
The minus is that the wedding dress I borrowed from my mother became a veil of conflict draped over me. It took me my surprise then. It still does.

I read in Twyla Tharp's fantastic manual for being an artist, The Creative Habit, the following thought that made me feel a little less nuts for diving so deeply into my past.   "...the real secret of creativity is to go back and remember."

Many thanks to the divine Ms. L. and the subtle and fine R.W.  





2 comments:

  1. Wow....so that's the dress? Love this pic.
    Funny, but it is prettier than I imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Adrienne. The dress is lovely, and that thing at the back...well, it's lovely too.

    ReplyDelete