November 6, 2011

Deep in the Woods


Went to the bamboo fields this rainy Friday afternoon to conclude part two of my happy collaboration with Mizz L S maybe A for Ava.

Love this place, always have. Bamboo is a delicate beast, hollow and lean, the material used in making scaffolds, which, if you think about it a second, is a piece of equipment with no room for error.

Anyway, there's a lot to say about this shot, but for now just two things: it's always great to end work on a high note. There's a reason writers are advised to stop their day at the desk in the middle of a strong paragraph.

And, two, when we started photographing, I considered the fallen shoots something to avoid. I thought they made the forest less inviting since they crossed a bit chaotically. But the diagonal cut of this jungle is what invites us directly into the journey.

Okay, I lied.  I have one more thing to say: the dress is a kiss blown into the air.




No comments:

Post a Comment