April 10, 2011

Drive By Shooting


Felt a little more sky was needed after that last entry.

This looks so cinematic you'd think I was planning and photoshopping and plotting out those diagonals. But I was purely letting go. After hours of careful image making at Port Arthur prison, I got in the car and simply looked out the car window at the enchanting, if menacing sky, and the moving contours of the land.

Mark was driving - something I can't handle when driving means on the left side of the road - and after a while, I grabbed my camera, rolled down the window, and began shooting willy-nilly. We were driving highway fast. And there were only about two horses the entire way, so I felt pretty lucky to get one here, and so perfectly planted in the frame.

Sometimes you are given gifts. I count this as one among many in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment