April 4, 2011

Guarding the Sky

Sydney's Opera House is a physical and spiritual wonder. From all the photographs I'd seen of this signature building, I'd never comprehended its sculptural construction. The Opera House is comprised of three buildings that play off each other in unison and angular variations that change and shift depending on where you're standing. The dynamic sky is the fourth dimension that joins in the mix, adding even more enchantment and movement.

If I was a more mellow type, I would love this man's job being a guardian of this magical mix of construction and nature.

3 comments:

  1. This is spectacular! Would love to see it in real life. Can you send me a larger version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing photograph and thank you for capturing that tremendous sense of "oh, NOW I get it" that accompanied your viewing. Again, your combination of images and words really opens a door. Thanks, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely photograph--not a view I've seen of this structure before. This is also a nice reminder of the importance of seeing, really seeing something for the first time.

    ReplyDelete