April 19, 2011

Holy Week


Today at twilight I went back to an area I discovered yesterday in my bleakness. I wanted to see the Temple among other things. My new address is Exploration Lane, which is my mantra and mission. Anyway, the five o'clock light was perfect, the Hebrew above that beautiful door created a handsome scrawl, and the elements were all lovely, approachable, and not fussed over or elaborate. Come to think of it, that's a description that defines most everything I see and love in this fine city.

Later, walking home in the darkness, it occurred to me in my vague stupor brought on by weeks of unscheduled time and awayness that passover is coming. Well, yes indeed. Turns out passover began today, and whaddya know, I went to temple to pay my respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment